“The REALTOR® Assistance Committee has been established to assist Members in need by facilitating resources and information in conjunction with the Member’s firm to promote and support a firm’s fundraising, special need’s trust or other assistance on an as need basis.”
The core values of this committee would include:
- The Board of Directors may, at their discretion, appropriate money from the Board’s treasury by recommendation of the REALTOR® Assistance committee to an individual in dyer need. The Budget & Finance Committee may apply funds into their annual budget.
- All Members in need must make application and notify the Board in writing of their intention of whether or not their name and /or situation may be made known to the membership.
- Broker of Member in need would have the responsibility of due diligence to the Board to fully investigate and certify that the information contained in the application is true.
- The Board’s role financially or otherwise shall be completely transparent and lawful.
- A Member in need would be defined to be an immediate and critical situation which impacts one’s ability and means to make a living.
- The Board will limit their financial participation on a case-by-case basis for soliciting donations from fellow members to two-month intervals. If the application is renewed due to changed circumstances, the participation could begin again, however would still be limited to a two-month interval.
- Committee will review all applications and make a recommendation, if any, to the Board of Directors who will make or affirm a final decision.